Monday, October 13, 2008

Childhood friends continued..........

More potential suitors for Charlotte (Ruby's cousin Ben and Big Bro Owen)
Ruby Duby and Charlotte playing


Charlotte riding in Ruby's car and having a blast!

Today we visited my BFF Sarah and her daughter Ruby. We had such a fun time, Charlotte always gets excited to hang out with her Western Mass BFF!! Ruby and Charlotte are 10 weeks apart. I get sad everytime I see them, because Sarah and I had always hoped we would live next door to each other (or at least on the same street) when we had kids. Sarah and I have a very special and crazy friendship. We have known each other since we were 4 yrs old. We grew up down the street from each other, her family was my second family. I practically lived there. I would go on family vacations with them and she would come to the Cape with us every summer. We are like sisters, truly. We fight all the time, yet we count on each other for everything. We talk everyday, sometimes 2-3x a day for long periods of time, Cory constantly says, "I just don't know what you could have to say to each other everyday", but yet I look forward to our daily talks. I sometimes stop and wonder how we are actually friends, we are so different. She has gotten me through some pretty difficult times and although we don't see each other that often, we have such an incredible bond that will always be there. I think the one reason we are so close, is she is one of the few people that really understands me and gives me tough love. She doesn't put up with anything. She tells it like it is. And as much as she drives me crazy, I appreciate it.

It's really hard for me to put into words our friendship, but my hope is that one day Charlotte will have a friend as special as Sarah is to me and will be able to experience this beautiful friendship that Sarah and I have. You meet so many people in your life that come and go, so to hang on to a friendship like this is rare, I think. I love you Sarah, despite our many differences, especially political!!!!

No comments: