Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Summer Fun in Maine

Elizabeth, Aunt Adrienne, Noah, Aunt Kathy, Aunt Bernie, Angie, Grammy, Meme, Cory


Meme, Noah and Elizabeth

Charlotte and Great Uncle Billy


Fun in the pool with Daddy

Ms. Serious and Grammy

Charlotte and Great Aunt Kathy

Meme feeding Charlotte cheerios

Playing with Cayden


Maine BFF Sophie

This weekend Cory was in a golf tournament in Maine with his good friend Andy from UMaine on Friday and Saturday, so I spent Friday with his wife Anne and their children Cayden and Sophie who are just too cute! We had such a nice day just spending time together and hanging out at Andy's parents pool, which is next door. Charlotte just loved playing with Cayden and hanging with her Maine BFF. Andy, Anne, Cory and I went out for a nice dinner on Friday night after the tournament, while Andy's parents watched the kids (thanks Mr. and Mrs. Smith!!). It was so great to have some adult time with Andy and Anne! We wish that we lived closer to them.

Before heading to Meme's on Saturday Charlotte got to spend a little time with her favorvite babysitter Christa (who is Andy's sister and we are still hoping will quit her job to take care of Charlotte full time!) Chartlotte just adores Christa!

We then headed to Meme's for the rest of our visit in Manie. We had a lovely day Sat hanging out by the pool and relaxing. And Sunday we celebrated Meme's 82nd birthday with her children, grandchildren (one great grandchild) and two of her sisters. It was a very special day for her and everyone had such a nice time. I do loving spending time with Meme, she reminds me so much of my grandmother who passed away when I was 12 and whom I was very close with. Meme holds such a special place in Cory's heart and I love to hear him tell me stories of spending summers in the pool at her house. She is an amazing woman, an inspiration to us all.

I started this blog to keep people updated on Charlotte's world, but as I write new posts about our adventures, it makes me reflect on our life and I can't help but get sentimental when I think about the amazing friends and family we have. Although we don't get to see some of our close friends that often, we are so lucky to have so many wonderful people in our lives. In a perfect world we would all live in the same neighborhood! It's amazing how having a child can make you see things in a new light and appreciate each day. Life is good.

No comments: